"Take those old records off the shelf" and start
ROCKIN’ on the RIVER to WELLNESS!
The Northeast Region of the Ohio Association of School Nurses is this year's host region.
NEOASN invites you to join other school nurses from across our great state for three days of continuing education at the
Sheraton Suites Hotel in Cuyahoga Falls/Akron.
The playlist to support our focus on WELLNESS for this year’s conference includes:
An overall state of wellbeing and balance… "...a state of complete physical, mental, and social wellbeing, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity” (UC Davis)
- RESILIENCE: Resilience is that ineffable quality that allows some people to be knocked down by life and come back at least as strong as before. Rather than letting difficulties or failure overcome them and drain their resolve, they find a way to rise from the ashes. (Psychology Today)
- EMPOWERMENT: The term empowerment refers to measures designed to increase the degree of autonomy and self-determination in people and in communities in order to enable them to represent their interests in a responsible and self-determined way, acting on their own authority (Wikipedia)and
- ADVOCACY in Health Care. The American Nurses Association (ANA) believes that advocacy is a pillar of nursing. Nurses instinctively advocate for their patients, in their workplaces, and in their communities; but legislative and political advocacy is no less important to advancing the profession and patient care.
Our slate of speakers, course offerings, break out sessions, hands on skills learning, and a multitude of exhibitors, promise to make this the event of the year.
As always, we will have several fundraising events: the Magical Endowment; 50/50 raffles; Balloon Drop, Endowment event Paint & Wine Night, and daily door prizes.
We invite you to Party with our 2020 School Nurse and School Administrator of the Year Rock Stars Friday after the sessions end.
Conference Registration and Information Links:
Event Summary: http://www.cvent.com/d/shqwgq
Mobile Event Hub: http://www.cvent.com/d/shqwgq/5C?dvce=2
Hotel Reservation Link(OASN Rate only through 3/16/20):
Sheraton Suites Cuyahoga Falls,OH Overnight Reservations
- Make you plans NOW… Register via CVENT for full conference details and room accommodations
- Register sooner than later:
- Some breakout sessions have limited space
- Registration is first come first serve for the breakouts
We look forward to soothing the soul and ROCKIN’ with you in April!
Susan Kramer BSN, RN
Licensed School Nurse
OASN Vice-President and Conference Chair
Would you like to know more about the area? Check out these websites:
Things to do: Downtown Cuyahoga Falls
Akron/Summit CVB: Visitors Guide Magazine Digital
Cuyahoga Falls Church List
Summit County Metro Parks
Cuyahoga Valley National Park