Nominee must be:
- A licensed school nurse.
- A member in good standing of OASN for the preceding two years
- Completed five years in school health experience, currently practice full-time and have as their main responsibility the supervision, administration, and coordination of nursing service and health programs
- Evidence of excellence in school nursing administration based on Scope and Standards for Nurse Administrators, 3rd Ed (American Nurses Association).
Procedure for Submission of Application:
- Provide a 1-2 paragraph bio, which will be used on the OASN website.
- Provide a high resolution digital photo, which will be used in the OASN website.
- Provide a 300-word summary of accomplishments as a school nurse/health services administrator grounded in School Nursing: Scope and Standards of Professional School Nursing Administration, 3rd Ed*. The Scope and Standards include:
- Employs the nursing process on an organizational level;
- Assessment, identifies issues/trends, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, coordination and evaluation;
- Fosters health promotion, health teaching, and education;
- Provides consultation;
- Promotes quality of practice and professional practice evaluation;
- Conducts research;
- Participates in ethical standards of practice and demonstrates integrity;
- Champions collegiality and collaboration;
- Optimizes and leverages resource utilization;
- Cultivates leadership; and
- Progressively advocates for school nursing/school health services.
Submission Deadline: midnight, JANUARY 15th of the submission year
Submit to: Glasner.ExDir.firstname.lastname@example.org
OASN School Nurse Administrator of the Year
2017-2018: Virginia Noe MEd, BSN, RN, LSN, NCSN, Southwest
2018-2019: Sharon Schmitz MSN, BSN, RN, LSN, Central
2020-21: Kate King DNP, MS, BSN, RN, LSN, Central