These have been long and stressful days for so many of us while we maintain social distancing to stop the spread of the coronavirus and flatten the curve. One way we hope we can continue to unite, as we encourage each other, is highlighting #SpiritWeekOhio on social media platforms.
Starting Monday, the Office of Governor Mike DeWine will feature the following challenge days:
- Monday, April 27 is Pajama Day. Stay in your PJs all day if you can.
- Tuesday, April 28 is Garden Day. Plant your garden.
- Wednesday, April 29 is Salute Your Hero Day. Share a video message of thanks, dress up like or draw a picture of your doctor, nurse, truck driver, firefighter, teacher, scientist or other essential worker hero.
- Thursday, April 30 is Spirit Day. Show your favorite school or sports team spirit.
- Friday, May 1 is Pizza Day. Order pizza or make your own.
Challenge participants are encouraged to post pictures and videos of themselves, their kids and even their pets. Please make sure all picture and video posts are horizontal. Subjects also can hold handwritten signs that say #SpiritWeekOhio, #InThisTogetherOhio or #StayHomeOhio.
When submitting a post, please include all three hashtags:
Posts may be shared on the governor’s social media platforms, as well as the Ohio Department of Education’s, so encourage your social media friends to get creative!
Thanks in advance for participating! As Ohioans, we are strong. We are resilient. We are in this together, and we will get through this together!